Friday, July 20, 2007

More Cleanin' Up!

Well, my adventure to clean up the chaos is continuing. The past 2 days I've worked on the hallway connected to the kitchen and the bathroom, both that were seriously "pile-mastered!" I just finished them today (I was a little slower on them as I worked diligently on the summer reading challenge as well...shhhhh! more about that in a bit.) I even vacuumed or swept the floors in both areas along with the kitchen floor. I have honestly found that posting my goals and knowing I need to take pictures of the completed projects has helped me stay on track with this challenge. So, even though I don't have many readers, as long as you all don't mind reading about this type of mundane every day thing, I'm gonna keep at it.

Here's the before pictures of the hallway and two shots of the bathroom...


Here's the after pictures of the same areas...


Ok, just because I know some of you are going to be saying, "What's with the flames on the toilet lid?" First, you must understand, my husband has been an autobody shop man for over 20 years fixing and painting more vehicles than I can count. Second, we have 2 sons that also love cars, trucks, and anything with wheels. So, one evening I came home to a "surprise" from my beloved guys....a new customized toilet seat lid. Please notice the details...fancy prismatic color changing paint, green color tones to "go with" my bathroom colors", and of course the Chevy logo embedded in the flames. Randy just couldn't understand that I was a wee bit upset with this customization; somehow he didn't think it clashed with my swans and flower motif at all. LOL! I can honestly giggle about it now, but just as honestly I will tell you that at that specific time I didn't think it was humorous at all. Here's a close-up for the details...

4 comments:

Lisa in Jax said...

Love the seat.lol

You have done some amazing work! I'm going to post on my blog a list of everyone who is doing the challenge so that we can all encourage each other. What a great job!

Jodi said...

Great job! I was wondering about the seat and then you went ahead and explained. Kinda nice to have something so different.

Anyway you did a wonderful job on your clean up.

Kathy in WA said...

Melissa - that is hysterical! I love the seat. Definitely a one of a kind. :)

Unknown said...

That's HILARIOUS! But you'd never see it at my house - Josh complained that he was having to put down the seat and I never had to put down anything, so we made a rule that seat AND lid go down when you're finished. So something under the lid would definitely be a "surprise" for the lifter!