Monday, July 30, 2007

Our Cabin Still Stands!

YEAH! Just wanted to update a bit, our cabin still stands, yeah! I have included some pictures of the back burn that was done by our little subdivision that has so far saved all the homes in. I tried to place the yellow pointing finger to where our cabin is located as best I could. These are not my pictures and when I increase the size to try and see things, it all gets really fuzzy, but I did the best I could. We still cannot get in to our cabin, in fact not only have they shut the road down to our cabin, but they also shut the waterway down so we're doubly locked out! The fire is now up over 11,000 acres burned, quite a jump in the past couple days. Thankfully it's growing on the opposite edge from our subdivision burning deeper into wilderness area.


This week will probably be a quiet week as Levi is off to Bible camp and Jonah leaves Thursday to go to a 4 day Diabetes Camp. So, my hope is to clean more on the house!

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Melissa, what a relief! Praise God. I'm sure you had a few nervous days.

Hanley Family said...

Praise God! You must be quite relieved!

Emily said...

Praising the Lord with you!!!!