Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Summer Reading Challenge

I can honestly say that I probably don't need to be challenged to read...I tend to read too much, which is why I also need to partake of the two cleaning & organizing challenges that are going on as well...LOL! But, lover of books that I am I could not resist joining in this challenge and actually tracking my reading for a bit. I just finished the 14th book in Joanne Pence's series, Angie Amalfie mysteries. They are fairly good books, quick to read, and for the most part have good plots. The latest book, "The Da Vinci Cook" had a somewhat predictable ending, but was an enjoyable read. I'm afraid that my reviews may not be the best for others, as I haven't met many books that I don't like. I am also one of those truly annoying types of people that must read an authors book in the order they were written. In fact, to facilitate this obsession I have a subscription to a website, http://www.fictiondb.com/, that I can pull up an author's books in the order they were written. This also helps greatly when I'm buying my books off of Ebay, I can make sure that I have all the requisite books needed before I begin reading a series. LOL! I had thought to take a little break from reading for a few days, since I just read the 14 books in Pence's series over the past month, at least that was until I stopped by Borders Bookstore last night and found several new softcover releases that just insisted that I bring them home! Now I'm off to sneak in a few pages of Cleo Coyle's newest, "The Decaffeinated Corpse." Another note in case it wasn't too obvious, one of my favorite genres to read is that of the cozy mystery.
For more information on the Summer Reading Challenge, click on the graphic in my side bar and you will visit De'Etta's blog where she explains all about this challenge. Of course, I do need a challenge about reading less twaddle and more "good" stuff, but I'll get around to that shortly.

No comments: