Friday, July 20, 2007

Reading On and On and On! LOL!

Ok, I am a self-professed book nut. I love to read, I haven't met many books that I didn't like, I read very fast, and I read with an absorption that often astounds my husband and boys alike. They truly believe that a tornado could roar through our living room and that if I were reading I'd never even notice! So that said, I was actually quite impressed with myself that I was able to complete two more segments of my house for the summer clean-up challenge along with finishing "The Decaffeinated Corpse" for the summer reading challenge. I thought that was pretty good considering there have been times I've missed making lunch for the kiddos while in throes of a good novel. Not one to fall too far behind on things, I immediately started another book! LOL! I've read most of Patricia Sprinkle's books, but while in Borders the other night (waiting for time to pass so I could pick my Dad and his wife up at the airport...I was ecstatic to learn that Borders stayed open until 10:00 PM! YIPPPEEE!) I found two new books in her MacLaren Yarbrough series. Yeah! So I have started "Did You Declare the Corpse?" with great anticipation as I truly enjoyed the earlier books in this series. Waiting in the wings to be read next is the latest release for this series, "Guess Who's Coming to Die?" If you haven't read any in this series, I highly recommend them for good, clean, cozy mystery reading.

1 comment:

Shari said...

I'm envious of your reading ability. I read slow and am easily distracted. I love a good book, but I usually end up loving it for at least a month. Oh well, I grew up not reading at all so this is a big improvement.